One or more files has failed verification

Windows 7 Releases Both (x86) And (x64)
docfxit

One or more files has failed verification

Post by docfxit »

I'm getting an error saying:
"One or more files has failed verification. Please re-run AutoPatcher Updater."

I have re-run the updater 3 times. I get the same error every time.
apupLog.zip
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 541 times
Thanks a bunch for a really great program,

Docfxit
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: One or more files has failed verification

Post by Whatacrock »

Looks like this is one for TheAPGuy to answer......
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

Looks like you're using an old version, that still uses APUP. They incorporated that into AP and made a lot of changes in AP 6.1 (beta).

The latest version is 6.1.39: http://www.autopatcher.net/apengine/Aut ... v6_1_39.7z

There are still a few kinks in that one (just X out of any YIKES errors you get, to bypass them) but should run fine otherwise.
(The errors have been reported elsewhere on the forum.)
docfxit

Post by docfxit »

Thank you for the reply...

I tried ver. 6.1.39. It gives me a Yaks error and then only allows me to quit. I can run ver. 6.1.32 with no errors.

I thought AutoPatcher would check to see if the computer needed any updates and only apply the updates that were not installed on the computer.
I have run AutoPatcher a few times and it appears it installs all updates again.

Is my understanding wrong?

Thank you,

Docfxit
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

That's what it is supposed to do, but there are still some bugs being worked out. :-)

On the YIKES errors, just hit the X in the top right corner to close the window, and AP will continue to run. I think APGuyis looking into the cause of those.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Hi docfix :)

If I could suggest, the log files work really good in 'Spoiler', simply copy and paste the full text from the log... don't edit it.

Code: Select all

[spoil] log file text here [/spoil] 
If the log is too big for the editor simply attach the log file (*.log) to your post using the advanced editor.
docfxit wrote:I tried ver. 6.1.39. It gives me a Yaks error and then only allows me to quit. I can run ver. 6.1.32 with no errors.
AP 6132 seems to be the stable version of the AP 6x line for now, I would keep it available in the root directory in case later versions are too problematic. You can rename the executables so they can coexist - I use AP6132.exe, AP6139.exe, etc. Just an idea. The release list may declare AP missing (in RED) but you can ignore this.

As has been suggested already - It seems to work at times, that is clicking the 'RED X' in the error dialogs rather than Cancel, OK, Close, etc. I would try this, in some cases AP will move on without further issue - but not always.
docfxit wrote:I thought AutoPatcher would check to see if the computer needed any updates and only apply the updates that were not installed on the computer.
This is the idea. As per the settings in the *.apm file and if they apply to your system, Critical updates should be checked by default, all others will be unchecked. All uninstalled updates will be listed in Black, if installed - Blue.
docfxit wrote:I have run AutoPatcher a few times and it appears it installs all updates again.

Is my understanding wrong?
If you've selected updates for installation and they don't get installed the first time there's no need to do it again - there's an issue somewhere. Right now there seems to be various problems with getting updates installed properly or recognized as installed. The best thing to do is to report the problem like you have. The issue is being looked into.

I'm not sure of the official view of using AP5756 along with APUP1443 but if they run on your system better than 6x then I would use them instead. As well, for now, use the built-in update feature within the OS if AutoPatcher isn't functioning on your system.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

ok so I been away, glad your problem was mostly solved. Can you give me the log for the AP errors. It might be a simple fix for you.

Official stance on APUP is that scripts are changing to no longer use apup_bin location. You would have to copy the apup_bin into bin location to keep up with the scripts. That doesn't even include the fact that apup can not download https files. If you guys are dead set on using apup still, I could put out an update to allow for the script changes as well as enable https downloading.
Phenix

Post by Phenix »

That would be swell, cause I'm still using apup for several releases.
fleon

Post by fleon »

The error i am getting is: APUP Failed To Download https://download.microsoft.com/download ... 23-x86.msu
Return code: 60. Description: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates.

And the same error appears for 49 files in total.
This is on Win 10 x64
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

so your having a failed https connection, hmm... Can you provide the logs with the errors?