I'm new, having problems with updates installing

Windows 7 Releases Both (x86) And (x64)
kyoshero

I'm new, having problems with updates installing

Post by kyoshero »

Hello all! I'm new to autopatcher and I have the need to update many PCs that are all Win7 SP1 64bit. I was able to download the updates and when I run the autopatcher to install the updates on a client PC it shows there are some in blue and some in black. It says there are X number of updates to install and I proceed with the install. It doesn't seem to be installing them and zips through them fairly quickly. I reboot, run autopatcher again, and it shows the same updates to be installed. What am I doing wrong?
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: I'm new, having problems with updates installing

Post by Whatacrock »

This issue has been discussed in the past, one thing to do is turn off Windows Update before you begin. This stops wusa.exe from starting and causing the issue.
Please search the forums and more information can be found
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Hi kyoshero :)

You might try AutoPatcher v5.7.56 from here --> viewtopic.php?f=26&p=4988#p4988 -- it should run fine on Windows 7, it does on Windows 8. Don't overwhelm the program though by checking everything for installation, use common sense -- you might select 5 initially to make sure the installation goes well..?

AP 5x wont download releases so you'll need to copy over your AP 6x \modules folder, don't forget any rti(z) file from the root folder for each release you copied, ignore the 6x apengine rti(z). If the APUP 1.5.1 link ever gets fixed you will want to add it to the AP 5x folder as the release download manager --> viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1271#p4218 -- don't know why the fact the link has been broken is being ignored, such is the way things have been around here for a while now, should it get resolved jump on it while you can. AP 5x & APUP work as a team, with AP 6x, the functionality has been combined into one program - sounds great in theory. Unfortunately there are too many bugs in 6x for me to recommend it to my associates (I've had them regess to 5x if it works for em), I was simply overwhelmed by the problems, many emails, and phone calls.

Copy Sweeper too (it's a great cleanup tool), know that it also requires the rti(z) files to function.

If AP keeps giving you guff you might try WSUS Offline Update, it's a solid program and I know once you get used to the complexity it can be a reasonable alternative to AP, WU/MU, and some of the other tools out there.

AP 6x is the future, so hang on until the code is cleaned up -- fingers crossed!
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

That link was fixed. IT was uppercase on ZIP instead of zip. Silly linux servers take uppercase seriously.