Unofficial/Unsupported Release - AutoPatcher 5.7.56

Windows 7 Releases Both (x86) And (x64)
TerryM

Unofficial/Unsupported Release - AutoPatcher 5.7.56

Post by TerryM »

Running AutoPatcher 5.7.56. I've noticed red text appearing at the top of the window stating that this is an Unofficial/Unsupported Release. Is there a problem with this version?
ChrisJ

Re: Unofficial/Unsupported Release - AutoPatcher 5.7.56

Post by ChrisJ »

Hi TM

The warning message is there to let you know that one or more releases in the .\modules folder is in an unofficial state, most likely missing files (dead links, bad download, etc). Fire up AP 5756, hit About - Release Info. You need to tend to the releases that are red, unofficial. Oh, yes, AP may at times need attention too.

Once you have the list of culprits (unofficial releases) - Windows 7 x64, .Net, whatever, the best thing to do is fire up AP, select only the failing releases from the list of AP packages, and run AP again to update the releases... subsequent runs, after a new download, often get any missing files from the initial download - usually. Did it work? Are the releases official now?

If not, we need to see a log from your second, third, etc attempt at fixing these releases. A first run log on a new download is pretty worthless, every file is missing of course, so we always need to see a second or subsequent run log where only the problematic files are showing up.

If you need to post a log, the easiest way is to 'copy & paste' the log text into what is called Spoiler...

Code: Select all

[spoil] Log File Text Here [/spoil]
► Show Spoiler
You can also find the Spoiler icon in the advanced editor.

Hopefully this should get you started - let's get the releases official before you attempt to update any system.

:)
TerryM

Post by TerryM »

Chris, thanks for the reply.

Two issues to report:
1) Initially planned to use AP 5.7.56, so used Apup 1.5.1 to download AP Windows 7 SP1 (x64) and ran Sweeper. Sweeper reported Subscript out of range in OpenFile at Line 104 and subsequently a Type Mismatch in decrypt File at 100. Couldn't get any further, so I decided to try AP 6.2.02
2) loaded AP 6.2.02 and downloaded AP Windows 7 SP1 (x64), ran Sweeper and had no problems. Installed data in 6.2.02 and noticed Unofficial/Unsupported Release (noticed AP Windows 7 SP1 (x64), June 21, 2016, dkdk_it for AutoPatch Team, Whatacrock, Official is FALSE. Ran AP several times to update the release but nothing updated. Report indicated the script AutoPatch Windows 7 SP1 (x64) is in Unofficial State.
Attachments
autopatcher.log
(1.32 KiB) Downloaded 456 times
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Wait... sweeper from 6.2.02 found nothing wrong?

Right click drag sweeper.exe and hit create shortcut. hit properties on the shortcut and then where it says target add in /verbose at the end with a space between sweeper.exe" /verbose. Right click on the shortcut and rename it so you can know what it does. "Verbose sweeper" for example.

The above also works for autopatcher.exe
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Hi Terry :)

Thanks for helping us try to resolve some issues. To add to what TAPG recommended.

1) I would atleast keep handy ap5756 & apup151 as a fallback, I don't think your issue is with either in this case.

If either AP or Sweeper has problems extracting the .rti from the rti(z) and you get a strange error, I will copy (don't move) the .rti from C:\##_autopatcher_temp_## and place it in .\AP root, then rerun AP or Sweeper. You'll need to move the .rtiz out of course. I have a .\misc folder in my .\AP root just so I can move files temporarily that I will need to put back after a test - your choice. Oh, the \ap_temp\ folder gets created when the apps are running.

2) Again, thanks for running multiple tests, it really is the only way to nail down a problem or problematic script. I don't think any more runs at the moment will fix anything, I believe the win7 scripts might be at fault and need an edit. It is being investigated so keep an eye on the win7 topics for a message, usually from Wac, about how and when to update the release.

BTW, TAPG's advice to run AP and Sweeper with /verbose is a good idea, and a shortcut is the easiest. You may want to add /nolicense too for AP unless you like clicking the EULAs away.

Code: Select all

autopatcher.exe /nolicense /verbose
Sweeper.exe /verbose
TerryM

Post by TerryM »

Thanks Chris and TAPG,

Adding /verbose to Sweeper showed two missing files in the Win7 script. Downloaded a new Win7 script (June 23) and Official Release now confirmed.

I have observed a problem regarding updates that do not install - will post under a different topic.

Thanks again.