Directx 9.0c

Small scripts: Adobe Air/Reader/Flash, Microsoft Commons, DirectX, Java, Microsoft Security, Microsoft Redistributables.
Honestly I can't create a separate forum for each of them all in the main list it would be too long.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Directx 9.0c

Post by Whatacrock »

This release has not been updated in some time, the apm module edited so that only those using Windows XP or Server 2003 will be displayed. This should have been remedied a long back and now it is done...
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
Ramjammer

Re: Directx 9.0c

Post by Ramjammer »

Should bring this back for Windows 7.

See even though with the platform update this is not required a lot of older software that points directly to a .dll that is installed by this package but not by the platform update.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

It may be possible to get the required .dll files from an older system then copy to required location manually, never tried it myself, so don't take my word as gospel.

Try searching the internet to see if there are any articles or such regarding this..
Ramjammer

Post by Ramjammer »

All I do is install this re distributable. it works out fine.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

For those wanting to download DirectX 9.0c, this has been relocated to the retirement village on releases2.

This has been done as there is no chance this will get any updating until the time that MS removes it permanently from their servers.

http://www.autopatcher.net/releases2.list
James

Post by James »

Can this be added to Autopacher for Windows x64?

I find myself manually installing this.

it is still needed even after the platform update for many apps.

link https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/downloa ... px?id=8109
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Hi James :)

Can you elaborate some, maybe provide more specifics about what you're asking? DX 9.0C (9.29.1974, June 2010) is available from the releases2.list - see Wac's post above. It may not be around forever from MS so get it if you need it.

Are you asking if the apm can be edited to include later OSes, it looks like 7 is mentioned from the MS details page, nothing about compatibility with an x64 OS. I'm sure someone installed it on XP x64. If you have some positive experience installing 9.0C on an x64 system, share away but I'm not sure Wac would be willing to experiment with an mostly obsolete version.

If you know it will install you can always edit the apm yourself. Since you don't mention what x64 OS you're enquiring about it makes any followup somewhat pointless. I guess what I'm asking is, are you asking about compatibilty, appending the apm, adding to the releases list for download...?

I'm sorry, maybe I misunderstand the question :oops:
James

Post by James »

I was asking if we could get autopatcher to have and install this module on win 7 x64 as it use to many builds ago.

this is benificial to install on such system as any software needing specific dlls in this and not in the platform update require this to be installed.

right now when i do a fresh win 7 x64 install i install windows, run autopatcher and then also install that direct x separate.

would be nice if it was bundled with autopatcher..

it is needed on win 7 x64.

Older builds of autopatcher use to allow this to be installed on win 7 x64. dont know why it was removed. Maybe some assumed it was not needed if DX platform update gets installed.

its needed.
v
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Like I already mentioned, 9.0C is available, it was simply moved to releases2.list -- see Wac's post above. If the file is 404ing (dead link) please report it.

DirectX wont be added to an OS package but it will remain as an addon for AutoPatcher (until MS removes it), has been for years.

Now, I think you have your wires crossed when you say it used to be visible on anything other than XP and 2K3, the apm clearly states WindowsVersion=XP,2K3, if 7 was on there and working it wouldn't have been removed. If you want to experiment you can add SEVEN or SEVEN_X64, this would allow it to become visible in Windows 7.

2 things, adding SEVEN may make it visible in 7 but it may not be detected (see the detections in the apm), new detections for 7 may need to be added. As well, even if the existing detections and adding SEVEN to WindowsVersion= makes everything good to go, the release will now be unofficial unless it gets resigned with the new details.

So, I gave you enough to most likely get it working for yourself, whether or not the DX 9.0C addon will get an edit to add Windows 7, this is up to Wac. The only likely way is if you provide fool-proof detections for 7 and the apm only needs a small edit, well, still unlikely.

So, if you dare, do what I suggested, see how it goes, maybe a screenshot of DX9 showing as installed in AP, provide some detections if needed. Still, can't promise any movement on an old addon package like DX9.
James

Post by James »

yes its there, but doesnt show to install on win 7 x64.......................