Questions about blacklisting programs in modules and crash

Requests for help go in here.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Questions about blacklisting programs in modules and cra

Post by TheAPGuy »

ok and you copied the files into system32 or SysWOW64? Pretty sure your supposed to put them in SysWOW64. Look at SysWOW64 and you will see other OCX files there.
Matt4495

Post by Matt4495 »

ah, missed that it went to a second page. I copied them to System32, will try with SysWOW64. Also edited my last post a few times adding info before I saw the second page.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@Viroman -- you are correct, the .ocx files should be in SYSWOW64 folder. Only in System32 if an x86 architecture..
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
Matt4495

Post by Matt4495 »

all the ocx files in bin are already in SysWOW64, but it seems like they were not registered, I registered them, after unregistering and deleting the ones in System32 and autopatcher starts now. This feels very strange to me, but I am not the most knowledgeable windows user.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Ahh then that is why you were not getting errors. regsvr32 doesn't throw errors that can be picked up via command line. All output is via dialog boxes that can be silenced. So if it failed to register we wouldn't know. Well now I know what to say if someone has a similar problem.
Matt4495

Post by Matt4495 »

Then onto my next question, though I am not sure if I should start a new thread at this point or not. It seems that autopatcher does not bring up a list of switches when ? is called, is this intended? It seems from playing around with the program that I will need to save an answer file to get it to automate things. Is there any newer documentation then the one for version 2.1.1 that I found from google or has it not changed much since then?

EDIT: Sorry I see it now, was looking for Extras and not AddOns
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Yes.. Select the files you want to install and then click on advanced and save your selections. Then create either a batch file to run AP with or create a file just called arguments and throw your command line arguments in there. Every time you run AP it will pluck all the arguments from that file so you don't see an ugly command window. Well unless your using a batch file to automate things. :) PS AP can throw errorlevels on exit so you can use that to help you automate things. Goodness I forgot where I put those errorlevel responses... will edit post when I find them.

Oops. looks like that version of ap stopped responding to ? in command line. It still responds to /help though.

edit:
I seem to have lost the error code list so I dug around the code...

-1 quite with a crash of some kind <-- check the log
1 everything AOK
2 You exited the app on the reboot screen
5 Reboot required
10 Reboot needed but, you told it not to.
Matt4495

Post by Matt4495 »

It is safe to let the computer shutdown close AP there? Ah, there seems to be a /noexitcodes switch, will that disable that?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

That command just disables the exit return errorcodes... Not really important to you really. They were placed in for us coders. Having exit codes actually causes the IDE's to crash. lol why Microsoft why!?

AP is able to run its own reboot command if you let it but, /noreboot stops that.

If you want to run ap in automated mode... I would suggest the following commands...

/verbose /unattend /minimal /answerfile:yourfilename.aaf /fast
Matt4495

Post by Matt4495 »

From the command line arguments screen it says if I want to see all the arguments to see the log, but nothing related to that is in autopatcher.log. Are there any more then what is displayed?