Creating AIO

Requests for help go in here.
older-than-dirt

Creating AIO

Post by older-than-dirt »

More information.

The admin tools, when downloaded by itself is official. Sorry for the confusion, so I did some additional investigation:

There are two filename conflicts when attempting to combine releases into an AIO:

Conflict #1:
The script for "Adobe" release has a file called stand_alone.apm in the Modules dir
The script for "Security-ENU" has a file called stand_alone.apm in the Modules dir

When combining for an AIO, both scripts can't exist in the Modules dir

Conflict #2:
The script for "DotNET" release has a file called windows_addons.apm in the Modules dir
The script for "Java" has a file called windows_addons.apm in the Modules dir

When combining for an AIO, both scripts can't exist in the Modules dir

The question I have is: Is this a problem, or how would I determine which file to use?

I'm thinking that this can't be first time someone has run into this problem, or if it's a problem how do I work around it?

Thanks.

BTW, as of today, these are the only 2 problems I've run into when combining all of the releases into an AIO and have it be official. I'm getting real close...
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Admin Tools Package

Post by Whatacrock »

@older-than-dirt --- creating an AIO autopatcher is not that difficult to achieve, will go through the steps to assist you.

To start off with create a clean APUP directory on your hard drive --- this should only contain the bare essentials, that is the apup updater and autopatcher engine plus the relevant directories..
Create a directory in the root directory named "modules"
Copy the directories you require for the AIO into this directory, no need for the Parent apms at this time.
Now start APUP and select the releases that you previously copied, this will download the relevant Parent apms, the rti/rtiz files etc.

To assist you have created a series of screenshots from my AIO that will assist you...

BTW will move this post to Help forum....
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Creating AIO

Post by TheAPGuy »

O.T.D.,
stand_alone.apm should be the same file in both scripts so you should not have a different version unless one is much older. The same can be said of windows_addons.apm.

If you have different versions, please re run apup for those items even if apup shows blue for them(remember apup only does a version check on the rti not the files for showing you the listing). Then run sweeper and then run autopatcher to see if there are any more conflicts.