Permissions error

Requests for help go in here.
crobertson

Permissions error

Post by crobertson »

I finally got this thing to work run. I usually get a message that some files are missing.
Now I'm getting this permissions error. I have the computer logged in as Administrator.
Please tell me what to do now...

What AutoPatcher was trying to do
It appears that the error occured while AutoPatcher was trying to execute a module's installation/removal commands.

Where: mdlModuleInstallation.executeCommand()
Error Code: 0x46: Permission denied

message log..............
Autopatcher v5.7.56 Has Started at 1/8/2015 4:34:51 PM

Getting OS Type And Microsoft Items Installed On This Machine...
Detected OS: English (1033) Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x86 Service Pack 1
sfschenck

Re: Permissions error

Post by sfschenck »

I am getting the same error. A few months ago everything was working fine. If I copy the entire autopatcher directory to a USB, it will run ok on other computers. I have checked and updated permissions for the folder.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

sfschenck: Strange error. hmm ohh wait. You can get permission errors if your DEP is set to 'AlwaysOn'. Default setting for DEP is 'OptIn'. This may not be the issue for you but, its a first step. Also, what happens when you run AP from the USB on the effected computer?

crobertson: Can you upload the complete log? Try running the program with /debug in the command line to generate more log information.
crobertson

Post by crobertson »

My DEP is to only system program.
I ran the cleanup and autopatcher did go a bit further showing the updates finally and attempting to install them, then crashes.
It says "Is not loaded in the right order"?

------log------------------
Autopatcher v5.7.56 Has Started at 1/9/2015 8:06:20 AM

Parsing Detected Commandline Arguments...
All Detected Arguments Processed

AutoPatcher is running with the following arguments: debug

Debug Mode.

Displaying Brief Windows Management Service Report:
OS Title: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version: 6.1.7601
Service Pack(CSDVersion): Service Pack 1
Product Type: Work Station
Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
OS Type: WINNT
Other Type Description: <None>
System Type: X86-based PC
Processor#1:
Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
Architecture: x64

Accessing Registry To Find Windows Directorys...
List Of Detected Directories:
Windows - - - - - C:\Windows
Windows\System - - C:\Windows\System32
Windows\System32 - C:\Windows\System32
Program Files(x86) C:\Program Files
CommonFiles - - - C:\Program Files\Common Files

AutoPatcher Has Finished Loading The Filesystem.

Getting OS Type And Microsoft Items Installed On This Machine...
Calling WMI Service:

Listing WMI Detections
environment.operatingSystem.fullName=English (1033) Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x86
environment.operatingSystem.Locale=1033
osvi.dwMajorVersion=6
osvi.dwMinorVersion=1
environment.operatingSystem.servicePack=1
environment.operatingSystem.cpuArchitecture=x86
environment.operatingSystem.Tag=SEVEN|SEVEN_x86|SEVEN_SP1|SEVEN_SP1_x86|SEVEN_|SEVEN__x86|SEVEN__SP1|SEVEN__SP1_x86|SEVEN_|SEVEN__x86|SEVEN__SP1|SEVEN__SP1_x86|SEVEN__|SEVEN___x86|SEVEN___SP1|SEVEN___SP1_x86

Detected OS: English (1033) Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x86 Service Pack 1

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\\MSACCESS.EXE exists! Version=12.0.6606.1000
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\\EXCEL.EXE exists! Version=12.0.6611.1000
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\\OUTLOOK.EXE exists! Version=12.0.6607.1000
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\\POWERPNT.EXE exists! Version=12.0.6600.1000
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\\WINWORD.EXE exists! Version=12.0.6612.1000
Checking existance of all needed files...

Checking file: C:\Users\Administrator.CCCHSV\Desktop\Apup_1_4_42\bin\COMCTL32.OCX
Checking file: C:\Users\Administrator.CCCHSV\Desktop\Apup_1_4_42\bin\MSCOMCTL.OCX
Checking file: C:\Users\Administrator.CCCHSV\Desktop\Apup_1_4_42\bin\COMDLG32.OCX
Checking file: C:\Users\Administrator.CCCHSV\Desktop\Apup_1_4_42\bin\FM20.DLL
Checking file: C:\Users\Administrator.CCCHSV\Desktop\Apup_1_4_42\bin\FM20ENU.DLL
Checking file: C:\Users\Administrator.CCCHSV\Desktop\Apup_1_4_42\bin\RICHTX32.OCX
Prepwork Done Bring Up Main Form...

UNOFFICIAL: File 'C:\Users\Administrator.CCCHSV\Desktop\Apup_1_4_42\modules\Office2007\OfficeFiles\outlfltr2007-kb2889914-fullfile-x86-glb.exe' (mentioned by RTI 'office_2007_glb.rti') does not exist!

UNOFFICIAL: File 'C:\Users\Administrator.CCCHSV\Desktop\Apup_1_4_42\modules\Windows_Seven_x64\Critical\KB3006226_seven_x64.apm' (mentioned by RTI 'seven_x64_sp1.rtiz') does not exist!

UNOFFICIAL: File 'C:\Users\Administrator.CCCHSV\Desktop\Apup_1_4_42\modules\Windows_Seven_x64\NonCritical\NonCritical_files\Windows6.1-KB2679255-v2-x64.msu' (mentioned by RTI 'seven_x64_sp1.rtiz') does not exist!

UNOFFICIAL: File 'C:\Users\Administrator.CCCHSV\Desktop\Apup_1_4_42\modules\Windows_Seven_x86\NonCritical\NonCritical_files\Windows6.1-KB2679255-v2-x86.msu' (mentioned by RTI 'seven_x86_sp1.rtiz') does not exist!

UNOFFICIAL: File 'C:\Users\Administrator.CCCHSV\Desktop\Apup_1_4_42\modules\Windows Vista x86\Critical\KB2893984_vista_x86.apm' (mentioned by RTI 'vista_x86_sp2.rtiz') does not exist!

Module 'Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2978742)' (unique id: 'KB2978742_SEVEN_X64') reports 'WINDOWS_SEVEN_X64_CRITICAL_PARENT' as its parent, but such module does not exist or is not loaded in the right order.
Installing Security Update for Microsoft Office System 2007 suites (KB2596785)
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Hi crobertson :)

If by chance you're editing the log, please don't - post it in full, copy/paste text into spoiler code.

Make sure you get a complete release downloaded first, make sure everything is official before trying to do any updating.

The module loading in the wrong order is x64, this should only appear as a message in the log. There seems to be a conflict between KB2978742_SEVEN_X64 & WINDOWS_SEVEN_X64_CRITICAL_PARENT. Your log shows - Detected OS: English (1033) Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x86 Service Pack 1 - so this shouldn't affect you, you're running Win7 x86 correct. Do you happen to have an x64 CPU?
crobertson

Post by crobertson »

I did get it to run. I did a cleanup, updated again, cleanup and then turned off a few updates, then ran only those that didn't error, then those that did error. Apparently it did not like the order in which it was attempting to updated.
I didn't edit the log. Its simple cut and paste. No I don't have 64bit cpu on this one. (customer's computer) I think the multiple cleanups worked.

Thank you very much for you help!
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

crobertson wrote:I did get it to run. I did a cleanup, updated again, cleanup and then turned off a few updates, then ran only those that didn't error, then those that did error. Apparently it did not like the order in which it was attempting to updated.
I didn't edit the log. Its simple cut and paste. No I don't have 64bit cpu on this one. (customer's computer) I think the multiple cleanups worked.

Dumb questions;
1- Why isn't there a check box to run with full log?
2- When running apup, if you don't recheck the boxes for windows versions, are they slated to be removed? They are bold. (I marked the box to keep them checked)
3- If they need to stay checked, shouldn't they stay checked by default and the user unchecks them to remove them?
4- Are these files moveable? Will it work off a usb stick? (In the past every time I moved the entire folder, I would get an error when running)
5- I'm sure it is mentioned in one of the 100s of threads, but after the update, Windows Update shows 91 important updates remaining. (I keep WU off). I guess it takes time to integrated new updates or are they just not necessary?

Thank you very much for you help!
The order is important, if the apm files are trying to install out-of-order, it would be nice to know what updates so the dates can be changed or a dependency can be added. If you can I would locate the KBxxx log file, see what it says, post it in here too.

The reason I asked about the OS & CPU, if you look at the top of the posted log it states Architecture=x64, the OS is stated as 7x86 - I was just wonderin!

No, your questions aren't dumb at all. I'll offer my $0.02

1. Check the switches available - apup.exe / autopatcher.exe with /? or /help will provide a list. I like to add the switch to a shortcut rather than type it in everytime I run APUP or AutoPatcher - your call. I use /verbose.

2. Once you've downloaded a release, it is yours to keep - no it won't be removed by unchecking it. Make sure it is complete & official using AutoPatcher. The blue in APUP means you've downloaded it, black means you haven't - if it is still being used red means there's an update for something you already downloaded.

3. Use APUP's Options tab, Remember Selections if you want your selections to be saved, otherwise they wont.

4. The project is portable, copy/move everything in the root folder (usually C:\apup) to the new location. It's best to move or copy the folder from USB to a local drive for updating the releases (APUP) and/or updating a system (AutoPatcher). The project can be carried on USB though, easier than using CD/DVD. I use an md5 file that has scanned everything in .\apup so when I copy or move it from USB I can verify everything copied over, if not I run APUP and quickly update the release from the clients PC - then I update the clients PC.

5. The project can cover most but not all a users update needs, it depends on the system - but 91 is a lot of updates to be missing. I would compare your list with the script, if an update is missing from the script and makes sense to add, it usually will get added. If it's a unique update, less likely. There might be an error somewhere, this you would need to mention -- "I installed kbxyx using AP but MS says I still need it - help please". Someone will try to sort it out with you :)
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

ChrisJ's analysis and help is correct.

Still, strange that you had to run sweeper and download multiple times.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Time to inject my 2 cents here... with regards to the errors you received, these have now been corrected. Please try downloading the affected releases once again.

In regards to the error regarding
Module 'Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2978742)' (unique id: 'KB2978742_SEVEN_X64') reports 'WINDOWS_SEVEN_X64_CRITICAL_PARENT' as its parent, but such module does not exist or is not loaded in the right order.
... there was a typo on my behalf, the OperatingSystem was set to SEVEN_X86 instead of SEVEN_X64 MY BAD!!!!!

UNOFFICIAL: File 'C:\Users\Administrator.CCCHSV\Desktop\Apup_1_4_42\modules\Office2007\OfficeFiles\outlfltr2007-kb2889914-fullfile-x86-glb.exe' (mentioned by RTI 'office_2007_glb.rti') does not exist! --- CORRECTED

UNOFFICIAL: File 'C:\Users\Administrator.CCCHSV\Desktop\Apup_1_4_42\modules\Windows_Seven_x64\Critical\KB3006226_seven_x64.apm' (mentioned by RTI 'seven_x64_sp1.rtiz') does not exist! --- CORRECTED

UNOFFICIAL: File 'C:\Users\Administrator.CCCHSV\Desktop\Apup_1_4_42\modules\Windows_Seven_x64\NonCritical\NonCritical_files\Windows6.1-KB2679255-v2-x64.msu' (mentioned by RTI 'seven_x64_sp1.rtiz') does not exist! --- CORRECTED

UNOFFICIAL: File 'C:\Users\Administrator.CCCHSV\Desktop\Apup_1_4_42\modules\Windows_Seven_x86\NonCritical\NonCritical_files\Windows6.1-KB2679255-v2-x86.msu' (mentioned by RTI 'seven_x86_sp1.rtiz') does not exist! --- CORRECTED

UNOFFICIAL: File 'C:\Users\Administrator.CCCHSV\Desktop\Apup_1_4_42\modules\Windows Vista x86\Critical\KB2893984_vista_x86.apm' (mentioned by RTI 'vista_x86_sp2.rtiz') does not exist! --- CORRECTED

Module 'Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2978742)' (unique id: 'KB2978742_SEVEN_X64') reports 'WINDOWS_SEVEN_X64_CRITICAL_PARENT' as its parent, but such module does not exist or is not loaded in the right order. --- CORRECTED
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"