Questions about blacklisting programs in modules and crash

Requests for help go in here.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Questions about blacklisting programs in modules and cra

Post by TheAPGuy »

Ahh yes. Well as the wiki shows even if we were to stop supporting the scripts, you yourself are capable of creating scripts by yourself. So there really isn't an EOL for AP or APUP. :)
Matt4495

Post by Matt4495 »

I am talking software EOL, like when Adobe stops supporting Flash Player 16 (no date for that that I can find) or when Oracle stops supporting Java 8 (in March 2017, from Oracle's page on the subject). I see that Java 7 is still in AddOns, what will happen in April when Oracle stops updating it, will users of AP be moved over to Java 8 or will user interaction be required?
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

As maintainer of these releases I am the best one to answer this. Once releases reach EOL (for example Java 7) it will still remain available to users until such time as the developers remove the files. The download scripts are moved from the main list and located in a secondary list, aptly named releases2, which was originally used for script testing, here they will remain until such time that the download links for updates are no longer viable.
This is where Java 7 will reside upon EOL, Windows XP x86 should by rights be residing there (am currently considering at what time to move). Adobe Flash Player on the other is updated each time a new version is available, the old one is removed..
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
Matt4495

Post by Matt4495 »

Ok, thank you, that helps me understand. Just so that I am completely sure, if AP is running on a completely automated system (for example) Java 7 would be no longer updated after it goes EOL and it would just leave the system with it till the files are removed from the developers servers? I asking this to understand the thought process behind how this kind of thing is handled. I will be using Java 8 and I am only really caring about how Java 8 EOL will be handled and when Java 9 will need to be switched to with my, what I am assuming will be, a completely automated system because no real other source for technical assistance in my area.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

As you should be aware of in regards to Java is that 2 versions can coexist side by side on one system, as in your case Java 7 and Java 8. There may be software packages installed that require the older version and others utilize the latest version. Once the developers remove links to the older version it would be necessary to manually uninstall the outdated version, if you open any of the Java apm modules, in notepad or any other text editor, there is a section at the end of the module for uninstallation of the update, this can be used via command line to uninstall.

As for Java 9 this will follow in the same direction as Java8/Java7, as long as whoever is maintaining the releases. This may or may not be myself. You may be aware that Oracle are already rolling out Early Access releases of Java 9 and this is NOT included as Autopatcher only concerns itself what currently is classified as mainstream..

Hope this sheds more light on your specific requirements..

UPDATE Just as a matter of interest did some further research regarding Java 9 Build 49 Early Access , here are my findings so far:

0/. Java 9 Early Access files are somewhat larger in size i586 being 57.5 MB (60,380,056 bytes) and x64 being 61.7 MB (64,766,872 bytes)
1/. Java 9 Early Access will coexist with both Java 7 and Java 8 on the one system. (Not tested as yet running an application requiring Java)
2/. Some file information : FileName=progfiles:\Java\jre1.9.0\bin\java.exe : FileVersion=9.0.0.49
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
Matt4495

Post by Matt4495 »

@Whatacrock Yes, thank you, I understand now.

Now I think this is a question for @ViroMan, but in the answer file it says "JAVA_8_31_X86" for the entry for 32-bit Java 8 Update 31, what part of this is parsed by AP? Is it like JAVA_8_*_X86 or is the answer file changed by APUP or AP with a Java version update, like for example, update 32? Or is it handled completely different?
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Matt4495 wrote:@Whatacrock Yes, thank you, I understand now.

Now I think this is a question for @ViroMan, but in the answer file it says "JAVA_8_31_X86" for the entry for 32-bit Java 8 Update 31, what part of this is parsed by AP? Is it like JAVA_8_*_X86 or is the answer file changed by APUP or AP with a Java version update, like for example, update 32? Or is it handled completely different?
If you open the answer file and the associated *.apm saved to the answer file you'll notice that it is the UniqueID. The sorting and installation order is done using the ReleaseDate - oldest-to-newest. I'm not sure how the sorting is determined (what other criteria) when the dates are the same. When a file is updated usually the old apm and exe files are deleted via the script, and a new exe, as well an updated apm file will be downloaded. Your answer file will stay unchanged, AP will simply no longer show the previous Java version, and the number of selected files will be minus the number of new files. The only time an update wont affect the answer file is if the UniqueID is unchanged - say if the Java ID was something like JAVA_8_x64. The UniqueID must be unique enough to differentiate it from some other files though. You need to load the existing answer file, select the new Java files then save to the existing *.aaf - this will work to overwrite the old Java with the new Java and update the answer file.

There is still lots of hand editing of the scripts and apm files, but, once you get comfortable with the project and if you don't care about the red unofficial warning you could use your own method, minimizing the edits - I mentioned the UniqueID might work as Java_8_X64, jre-8-x64.exe for the executable, simple single method of detection - this will work fine for a single custom package but it can't be done for a public release - not safely.

About EOL, no files are stored on AP servers except the apm files, a few zip files, and the 2 programs - everything else will download directly from the developers site, this includes Microsoft, Oracle, Adobe, etc. When said company is done supporting a file or no longer provides a download link it will 404-out=dead=DOA. No one here can do anything about it. It isnt a bad idea to save somethings if you think it might be needed even if it has become outdated, even unsafe - your call. I have to keep handy a really old version of Java if I want to use a monitoring program on XP - I don't mind though because this particular box does-not EVER connect to the internet.

Sorry if this has confused you :) If you experiment you'll see that AP is pretty straight-forward. I would experiment with an empty setup, everything (apm files, folders - look at the scripts) but the exe files, mess with the dates, UniqueIDs, etc, you'll see how you can move files up and down the list in AP - give it a go.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Go away for a few days and everything is auto answered by knowledgeable people for me. ;)
Matt4495

Post by Matt4495 »

I did my first test on an actual machine and had some interesting problems, when AP ran it installed Silverlight in a non-silent way, I had to click next and to enable Microsoft update, but the other strange thing is that Silverlight is not in my answer file. Then AP did not install anything else that was actually in my answer file.
Answer file:

Code: Select all

STAND_ALONE
ADOBEREADER11-0-10
SHOCKWAVE_X64
JAVA_8_31_X86
JAVA_8_31_X64
FLASHPLAYER_IE_X86
FLASHPLAYER_IE_X64
FLASHPLAYER_NOTIE_X86
FLASHPLAYER_NOTIE_X64
APUP Log fiel:

APUP Has Started
Version: 1.4.42

Operating System: English (1033) Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
Current Locale: English - United States / Non-Unicode Default: English - United States
Starting APUP From: C:\Autopatcher
Date & Time: 11-Feb-2015 15:00 UTC Offset: -5

Nasty DLL Check...
***Downloading/Processing Release List***

List file HTTP location: http://www.autopatcher.net/releases.list
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases.list -o "C:\Autopatcher\temp_bin\releases.list"
Download queue processed. Proceeding to next phase.

***Release list Processed: AutoMode is true, continuing***

The Following Releases have been Picked:
apengine/apup_1_4_42.script
apengine/apengine_5756.script
extras/autopatcher_extras_20150205.script
java/autopatcher_java_8_x64_20150121.script
java/autopatcher_java_8_x86_20150121.script
adobe_reader/en-us/autopatcher_adobe_reader_en_us_20141209.script

***Running Any Pre-Cleanup Routines***

Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/adobe_reader/en-us/autopatcher_adobe_reader_en_us_20141209.script -o "C:\Autopatcher\temp_bin\autopatcher_adobe_reader_en_us_20141209.script"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/java/autopatcher_java_8_x86_20150121.script -o "C:\Autopatcher\temp_bin\autopatcher_java_8_x86_20150121.script"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/java/autopatcher_java_8_x64_20150121.script -o "C:\Autopatcher\temp_bin\autopatcher_java_8_x64_20150121.script"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/extras/autopatcher_extras_20150205.script -o "C:\Autopatcher\temp_bin\autopatcher_extras_20150205.script"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/apengine/apengine_5756.script -o "C:\Autopatcher\temp_bin\apengine_5756.script"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/apengine/apup_1_4_42.script -o "C:\Autopatcher\temp_bin\apup_1_4_42.script"

APUP Failed To Download http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/apengine/apup_1_4_42.script
Return code: 22. Description: HTTP file not retrieved. The requested url was not found or returned another error with the HTTP error code being 400 or above.

Attempting to delete file C:\Autopatcher\apengine.rti
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\__windows_addons_parsers.apm"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\NetworkMonitor_x64.apm"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\NetworkMonitor_x86.apm"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\NM34_x64.exe"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\NM34_x86.exe"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\USMTool_x86_enu.apm"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\InstallUSMT301_x86.msi"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\install_flash_player_15_active_x.exe"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\install_flash_player_15_plugin.exe"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\install_flash_player_14_active_x.exe"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\install_flash_player_14_plugin.exe"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\flash_player_IE_files\install_flash_player_13_active_x.exe"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\flash_player_notIE_files\install_flash_player_13_plugin.exe"
Executing shell command: mkdir "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files"
Executing shell command: move /y "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\shockwave_files\sw_lic_full_installer.exe" "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files"
Executing shell command: move /y "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\SilverLight_files\Silverlight_x64.exe" "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files"
Executing shell command: move /y "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\SilverLight_files\Silverlight.exe" "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files"
Executing shell command: move /y "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\USMTool_files\InstallUSMT301_x86.msi" "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files"
Executing shell command: move /y "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\fontprop_enu.apm_files\setup.exe" "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files"
Executing shell command: move /y "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\mdm_files\MSDownloadManager.msi" "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files"
Executing shell command: move /y "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\CleartypePowertoy_files\CleartypePowertoySetup.exe" "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\flash_player_IE_files"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\flashplayer_IE_files"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\flashplayer_notIE_files"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\shockwave_files"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\SilverLight_files"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\USMTool_files"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\fontprop_enu.apm_files"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\mdm_files"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\CleartypePowertoy_files"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\dxcpl_files"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\ColorControlPanel_x86_enu.apm"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\CopyProfile_xp_x86_enu.apm"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\__powertoys_xp_x86.apm"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\__tweakui.apm"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\__Powertoys_xp_x86"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\__TweakUI"
Executing shell command: del /q " C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\TweakUI_x64.apm"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\flash_player_IE_files\install_flash_player_12_active_x.exe"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\flash_player_notIE_files\install_flash_player_12_plugin.exe"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\Java_files\jre-8u25-windows-x64.exe"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\Java_files\jre-8u25-windows-i586.exe"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr11009_en_US.apm"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr11009_en_US.apm_files"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr11008_en_US.apm"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr11008_en_US.apm_files"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr11007_en_US.apm"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr11007_en_US.apm_files"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr11006_en_US.apm"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr11006_en_US.apm_files"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr11004_en_US.apm"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdobeUpdate_11.0.0.5.apm"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr11004_en_US.apm_files"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdobeUpdate.apm_files"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr11003_en_US.apm"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr11003_en_US.apm_files"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr1102_en_US.apm"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr1102_en_US.apm_files"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr1101_en_US.apm"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr1101_en_US.apm_files"
Executing shell command: del /q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr1100_en_US.apm"
Executing shell command: rmdir /S /Q "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr1100_en_US.apm_files"

***Starting Detection Routine Phase***

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\apengine.rtiz
--Adding http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/apengine/apengine.rtiz--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\autopatcher.exe
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1033.apl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1033.apt
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1033.msl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1035.apl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1035.apt
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1035.msl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1036.apl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1036.apt
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1036.msl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1040.apl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1040.apt
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1040.msl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1043.apl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1043.apt
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1043.msl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1045.apl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1045.apt
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1045.msl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1046.apl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1046.apt
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1046.msl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1055.apl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1055.apt
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\1055.msl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\2057.apl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\2057.apt
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\2057.msl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\2067.apl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\2067.apt
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\2067.msl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\2070.apl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\2070.apt
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\translations\2070.msl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\bin\Comctl32.ocx
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\bin\Comdlg32.ocx
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\bin\FM20.DLL
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\bin\FM20ENU.DLL
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\bin\Mscomctl.ocx
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\bin\Richtx32.ocx
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\bin\mklnk.exe
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\bin\Mswinsck.ocx
--Adding http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/apengine/AutoPatcher-v56.7z--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\windows_addons.apm
--Adding http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/modules/windows_addons.apm--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\flashplayer_IE_x64.apm
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\flashplayer_IE_x86.apm
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\flashplayer_notIE_x64.apm
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\flashplayer_notIE_x86.apm
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\shockwave.apm
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\shockwave_x64.apm
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\SilverLight.apm
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\Silverlight_x64.apm
--Adding http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/extras/fss_modules_20150205.7z--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\CleartypePowertoy.apm
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\dxcpl_enu.apm
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\directx.cpl
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\dxcpl.apf
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\Undo_dxcpl.apf
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\fontprop_enu.apm
Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\mdm.apm
--Adding http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/extras/_windows_extras_20150205.7z--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\install_flash_player_16_active_x.exe
--Adding http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_16_active_x.exe--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\install_flash_player_16_plugin.exe
--Adding http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_16_plugin.exe--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\sw_lic_full_installer.exe
--Adding http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/default/english/win95nt/latest/sw_lic_full_installer.exe--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\Silverlight_x64.exe
--Adding http://silverlight.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/F/8/C/F8C0EACB-92D0-4722-9B18-965DD2A681E9/30514.00/Silverlight_x64.exe--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\Silverlight.exe
--Adding http://silverlight.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/F/8/C/F8C0EACB-92D0-4722-9B18-965DD2A681E9/30514.00/Silverlight.exe--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\setup.exe
--Adding http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/a/c/3ac0b656-54cf-4d39-8d4c-3506a0679f5e/setup.exe--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\MSDownloadManager.msi
--Adding http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/9/9/499213AD-4C32-47C5-AC60-6C0C94A9E0B2/MSDownloadManager.msi--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\CleartypePowertoySetup.exe
--Adding http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/7/0/b7019730-0fa3-47a9-a159-98b80c185aad/setup.exe--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\extras.rtiz
--Adding http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/extras/extras_20150205.rtiz--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\javajre_8_x64.apm
--Adding http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/java/javajre_8_x64_20150121.apm--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\Java_files\jre-8u31-windows-x64.exe
--Adding http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=101408--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\Java_jre_8_x64.rti
--Adding http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/java/Java_jre_8_x64_20150121.rti--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\javajre_8_x86.apm
--Adding http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/java/javajre_8_x86_20150121.apm--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\Java_files\jre-8u31-windows-i586.exe
--Adding http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=101406--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\Java_jre_8_x86.rti
--Adding http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/java/Java_jre_8_x86_20150121.rti--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone.apm
--Adding http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/modules/stand_alone.apm--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\adobe_reader_EN-US.rti
--Adding http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/adobe_reader/en-us/adobe_reader_EN-US_20141209.rti--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr11010_en_US.apm
--Adding http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/adobe_reader/en-us/AdbeRdr11010_en_US_20141209.apm--

Missing file C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr11010_en_US.apm_files\AdbeRdr11010_en_US.exe
--Adding http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/11.0.10/en_US/AdbeRdr11010_en_US.exe--

***Downloading Releases***

Files to be Downloaded: 26
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/11.0.10/en_US/AdbeRdr11010_en_US.exe -o "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr11010_en_US.apm_files\AdbeRdr11010_en_US.exe"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/adobe_reader/en-us/AdbeRdr11010_en_US_20141209.apm -o "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone\AdbeRdr11010_en_US.apm"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/adobe_reader/en-us/adobe_reader_EN-US_20141209.rti -o "C:\Autopatcher\adobe_reader_EN-US.rti"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/modules/stand_alone.apm -o "C:\Autopatcher\modules\stand_alone.apm"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/java/Java_jre_8_x86_20150121.rti -o "C:\Autopatcher\Java_jre_8_x86.rti"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=101406 -o "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\Java_files\jre-8u31-windows-i586.exe"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/java/javajre_8_x86_20150121.apm -o "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\javajre_8_x86.apm"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/modules/windows_addons.apm -o "C:\Autopatcher\modules\windows_addons.apm"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/java/Java_jre_8_x64_20150121.rti -o "C:\Autopatcher\Java_jre_8_x64.rti"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=101408 -o "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\Java_files\jre-8u31-windows-x64.exe"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/java/javajre_8_x64_20150121.apm -o "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\javajre_8_x64.apm"
C:\Autopatcher\modules\windows_addons.apm already exists. Deleting before re-download.
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/modules/windows_addons.apm -o "C:\Autopatcher\modules\windows_addons.apm"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/extras/extras_20150205.rtiz -o "C:\Autopatcher\extras.rtiz"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/7/0/b7019730-0fa3-47a9-a159-98b80c185aad/setup.exe -o "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\CleartypePowertoySetup.exe"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/9/9/499213AD-4C32-47C5-AC60-6C0C94A9E0B2/MSDownloadManager.msi -o "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\MSDownloadManager.msi"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/a/c/3ac0b656-54cf-4d39-8d4c-3506a0679f5e/setup.exe -o "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\setup.exe"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://silverlight.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/F/8/C/F8C0EACB-92D0-4722-9B18-965DD2A681E9/30514.00/Silverlight.exe -o "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\Silverlight.exe"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://silverlight.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/F/8/C/F8C0EACB-92D0-4722-9B18-965DD2A681E9/30514.00/Silverlight_x64.exe -o "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\Silverlight_x64.exe"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/default/english/win95nt/latest/sw_lic_full_installer.exe -o "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\sw_lic_full_installer.exe"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_16_plugin.exe -o "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\install_flash_player_16_plugin.exe"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_16_active_x.exe -o "C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns\AddOns_files\install_flash_player_16_active_x.exe"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/extras/_windows_extras_20150205.7z -o "C:\Autopatcher\temp_bin\_windows_extras.7z"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/extras/fss_modules_20150205.7z -o "C:\Autopatcher\temp_bin\fss_modules.7z"
C:\Autopatcher\modules\windows_addons.apm already exists. Deleting before re-download.
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/apengine/AutoPatcher-v56.7z -o "C:\Autopatcher\temp_bin\apengine_exe.7z"
Curl String: "C:\Autopatcher\apup_bin\curl.exe" -f -L http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/apengine/apengine.rtiz -o "C:\Autopatcher\apengine.rtiz"

***Processing Cleanup Routines***

Attempting to unzip C:\Autopatcher\temp_bin\apengine_exe.7z into C:\Autopatcher\
Extracting C:\Autopatcher\temp_bin\apengine_exe.7z into C:\Autopatcher\
Attempting to unzip C:\Autopatcher\temp_bin\fss_modules.7z into C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns
Extracting C:\Autopatcher\temp_bin\fss_modules.7z into C:\Autopatcher\modules\AddOns
Attempting to unzip C:\Autopatcher\temp_bin\_windows_extras.7z into C:\Autopatcher\modules\
Extracting C:\Autopatcher\temp_bin\_windows_extras.7z into C:\Autopatcher\modules\

Searching For Existing Releases Installed...
Found: APUP 1.4.42
Found: AutoPatcher Engine 5.7.56
Search Complete
APUP has some errors I was expecting from the way I am deploying it but it seems to have sorted itself out.
AP Log file:

Autopatcher v5.7.56 Has Started at 2/11/2015 3:05:50 PM

Parsing Detected Commandline Arguments...
Unknown Argument Passed:
Unknown Argument Passed:
Unknown Argument Passed:
Unknown Argument Passed:
Unknown Argument Passed:
All Detected Arguments Processed

AutoPatcher is running with the following arguments: verbose unattend minimal answerfile:answer.aaf nolicense noreboot

Verbose Mode.

AutoPatcher Has Finished Loading The Filesystem.

Getting OS Type And Microsoft Items Installed On This Machine...
Calling WMI Service:

Detected OS: English (1033) Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Service Pack 1

Checking existance of all needed files...

Installing Microsoft Silverlight 5.1.30514.0
Installing Microsoft SilverLight 5.1.30514.0 x64

Autopatcher Is Terminating At 2/11/2015 3:08:04 PM
Here is the script I am using and still working on, just incase I did something wrong:

@echo off
echo Running Updates...
PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 10000 >NUL
CLS
echo Running Sweeper...
C:\Autopatcher\Sweeper.exe /quiet /verbose
PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 5000 >NUL
CLS
echo Checking For Program Updates...
C:\Autopatcher\apup.exe /auto /verbose
CLS
echo Installing...
C:\Autopatcher\autopatcher.exe /verbose /unattend /minimal /answerfile:answer.aaf /nolicense /noreboot
CLS
echo Updates Installed.
PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 10000 >NUL
exit
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Best to run sweeper after you run apup not before. Also now that I see the command line for sweeper used .... "/quiet /verbose" it seems silly. I might change it in the future to "hide" maybe however, I would keep "quite" in for backwards comparability for a few versions with a hint to the log saying it will be removed eventually. Anyways reason for running sweeper is to "clean" things up after running apup. Sometimes we forget to have scripts remove no longer needed files but, the rti(z) file doesn't point to the file anymore. AP would say its unofficial if sweeper didn't remove the file for you.

As for Silverlight and other extra files getting installed... it will always try to install critical items. Silverlight is set as critical. [strike]I will remove that functionality when using unattend in the next version.[/strike]

edit: also its strange that it didn't pick up on the arguments you pass. If you are so inclined you can just put the arguments in a file called "arguments" and it should pick it all out of there no problem.

edit: I just realized that I shall have to create a new switch for not auto selecting critical installs. Since people may have there scripts set up without answer files to auto install all criticals. OR just use strictly the answer file. <- probably this.