Ap 6.1.32 - Permission denied in ExecuteCommand At Line 108

Requests for help go in here.
just-starting

Ap 6.1.32 - Permission denied in ExecuteCommand At Line 108

Post by just-starting »

This is my first attempt using the new AP.
The problem occurred trying both Win7 and Win8.
I verified that the permissions seem to be correct and actually changed them
to full access for my user id. Did not help.

The autopatcher log follows.
► Show Spoiler
Pendraguin

Re: Ap 6.1.32 - Permission denied in ExecuteCommand At Line 108

Post by Pendraguin »

What happens when you try running the "call..." commands directly from a command line? Do you get any errors then?
just-starting

Post by just-starting »

I can run the call command in a normal (non-elevated) command prompt as the following shows.
► Show Spoiler
Also, if I simply close the Yikes dialog instead of quitting, AP will happily run the md5 check and download what it
thinks is missing but, of course, since the unzip failed it actually downloads down level modules as I verified when
running the addon selection.
just-starting

Post by just-starting »

Forgot to mention that when running the addon selection I also got a 'permission' error at line 108 but this time on the command
del /q "G:\Autopatcher-Win8.1\autopatcher\modules\AddOns\Adobe_files\install_flash_player_18_plugin.exe"

When I ran this in command prompt, it failed when 'file not found'. I verified that the file was in fact not there.
So this is not really a permission issue in this case.
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

Try running AP by right-clicking it and clicking on "Run as administrator". It *shouldn't* matter, but I could have sworn that I'd gotten "Permission denied" errors occasionally, and that's what I did to try to get past it. Might have just been coincidence though.
just-starting

Post by just-starting »

Running as administrator makes no difference although I was mis-lead into thinking it did. I tried a run getting only the
common modules and it worked correctly as administrator but I re-tried in normal mode and it also worked correctly.
As a wild guess, I created a new directory for autopatcher (assuming my permissions were actually muffed) and then
ran common modules separately without issue and then tried the admin tools which started reporting permission problems.

In this case, for the first time, an execute of curl failed.
So I ran each failing command directly in a normal command prompt and they all worked correctly.

However, sweeper reported a permission failure trying to delete C:\#AutoPatcher_Temp#.
I then ran sweeper /verbose and when closing the dialog I get Application Error - Error detected in frmsweep.Closing() at
line 0. Access to the path 'modulecode-13-08-57.58.bat' is denied. I cannot find that bat file anywhere on my system.

I am very confused about what is going on.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

The batch file was an older way of executing external commands. The system figured out how to implement running commands that way. However it left the possibility of running into permission errors and such. So I improved the way executions are handled by calling the external commands properly. Go to the testing forum and download the latest version and see if that fixes your permission issues.
just-starting

Post by just-starting »

Downloaded AutoPatcher-v6_1_39.7z
Installed in a test directory
Tried just the Admin Tools request which failed with error
► Show Spoiler
As an aside, I ran Icacls just to check the consistency of permission on the G:\test directory and no problems detected.
And just for the hell of it, also ran sfc /scannow which found no integrity violations.
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

just-starting wrote:Error Detected: File not found in RunCommand At Line 104
Attempted Commandline: call "G:\test\bin\curl.exe" -o "G:\test\temp_bin\TheAdmin.7z" http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/adm ... 0151029.7z[/spoil]
APGuy, that's the same error that WAC & I reported with 6.1.39 here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=47&start=290#p4114
(tho with different scripts)
just-starting

Post by just-starting »

Quick update:

The frmsweep.Closing() error that I mentioned earlier occurred due to impatience. The dialog was 'going nothing'
with the cursor in column 1 under the file count so I simply closed the dialog. Well, the sweep was not actually
finished; however, it would be preferable id the message 'Performing Cleanup...' showed in the dialog. I let the
dialog sit and eventually it closed normally.