Error when downloading window7 updates

Requests for help go in here.
jamie

Re: Error when downloading window7 updates

Post by jamie »

And again...
On one computer it took today 4 minutes at max. The 'faster' computer.. a never ending story.
The first update 'KB3075516 is already 45 minutes in progress.
Next round I will take the advise from TheAPGuy and post results.
To be continued.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Strange since all that update does is change 2 files. (Jscript9.dll , Jscript9diag.dll)
jamie

Post by jamie »

Greatings!
First update.. without the /verbose. And it took hours for the first update. So I ended the program.
Second time I used /verbose.
But first a fresh pc start.
And I started AP as soon as possible. The first updates went perfect, but then after the first updates it hangs again.
Something loaded in the computer that blocks AP..?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

No its the update that is hanging or more specifically the installer for the update. It has already finished its work of installing but, is continuing to run. AP waits for it to close before going on to the next update. If it never closes AP never goes on to the next update.

Not sure if its the same for Vista but, read this...
TheAPGuy wrote:The reason I am mostly sure its not AP is because AP simply just keeps making checks on when the update finally exits. IF the update never quits then AP keeps waiting. The best way to check on the hang is to hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Task Manager. In there you will see "wusa.exe". THAT is windows installing an update. IF that is no longer running that means that update finished and AP truly did hang for some reason. Generally in windows 7 you can see the command line associated with the process. For updates it will be easy to find. It will look like "c:\windows\system32\wusa.exe <YOUR AP DIR><YOUR UPDATE>"