[HELP] an autopatcher newbie

Requests for help go in here.
addictedderzthine42

[HELP] an autopatcher newbie

Post by addictedderzthine42 »

i just wanna ask something about this wonderful piece of software, does it resume a broken download.. what i mean is, when it is still downloading updates then i cancelled the program what will gonna happen or if i downloaded a whole update then i tried to download another update after a few weeks, what will happen then, does it starts again from the beginning. what i mean is download again the whole update..
Thanks autopatcher team.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [HELP] an autopatcher newbie

Post by TheAPGuy »

It may seem like a single huge download however, each script has dozens of updates in them ranging from 100K to 34M. It will not resume an interrupted file. It will pick up at the last file it was downloading and start that file and keep going down the list. You won't have to re-download files you already have. Some of the updates are rather large and if you have a slow internet, it can seem like it takes forever to download. If you have a slow/limited internet and are not willing to wait that long, you could go to a friends house or somewhere public/work that can let you download all of the updates at an improved speed. Otherwise... I would just let APUP/AP do its thing in the background while I play a game (non-internet related), watch a movie, or do some reading.
addictedderzthine42

Re: [HELP] an autopatcher newbie

Post by addictedderzthine42 »

Thanks sir..
Happy fathers day :)