Error at Autopatch boot

Requests for help go in here.
HrdWareMan

Error at Autopatch boot

Post by HrdWareMan »

Hi. I'm new here and really appreciate your AP. I have a couple of older Dell PC's that I'm reinstalling WinXP-P SP3 on. I had AP on a disk which became defective. I downloaded it again onto a Win7 64bit pc then burned the files to another disk. When I tried to run AP on a newly reinstalled XP PC, I get a warning box stating "No license found!!! This means that the release might have been tampered with! Close AutoPatcher at once!" The buttons at the bottom of the box are blank.
The AP log reads "Autopatcher v5.7.56 Has started at (date/time). Getting OS Type and Microsoft Items installed on this machine. Detected OS: Windows XP Pro SP3. Autopatcher is terminating at (date/time)."
Thinking I may have downloaded/burned AP incorrectly, I did it again and burned it to a disk with the same results. I used the Dell reinstallation/resource disks and the Windows SP3 disk for this OptiPlex 745 sff. What am I doing wrong?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Error at Autopatch boot

Post by TheAPGuy »

"No license found!!! This means that the release might have been tampered with! Close AutoPatcher at once!"
[strike]This seems familiar although, a text search for several different parts of that text string gives 0 results so, I can't figure out where it is. Deleting all RTI(z) doesn't generate that so, I have no clue where to look.[/strike]
Run AP again with /verbose in a command line. It won't fix your issue but, it will give me a better idea where the issue is coming up. Upload the log here as an attachment or copy paste its contents. If you copy paste its contents make sure to go into full edit mode and use the spoiler button above the chat box next to strike button.

Figured it out. It means you are missing a translation file.
There is a folder called "translations" Make sure you have it. If you do have it... you make have a corrupted translation file OR you are missing one for the language you have on your OS. If you provide the log file we can proceed from there.
HrdWareMan

Post by HrdWareMan »

Thank you and I also noticed that on the Win7 pc, all the files burned to the disk showed up fine but on the XP machine, the .sfx and .rti files looked like they were not being read correctly. And you were right, the Translations folder did not appear even though it was part of the burn. Strange. Anyway, I burned another disk and verified Translations was there, then ran the program again from cmd with the same results. I'd upload the screenshot, but I can't reduce it from 12MB's.

The log reads:
What AutoPatcher was trying to do
It appears that the error occured while AutoPatcher was trying to initialize form loading.
Where: Initilization.dllSelfRegister() At Line 232
Error Code: 0x1E1: Invalid picture

Autopatcher v5.7.56 Has Started at 8/13/2014 9:00:59 AM
Parsing Detected Commandline Arguments...
All Detected Arguments Processed
AutoPatcher is running with the following arguments: verbose
Verbose Mode.
AutoPatcher Has Finished Loading The Filesystem.
Getting OS Type And Microsoft Items Installed On This Machine...
Permission denied
In mdlEnvironmentDetection.DetectOSViaWMI At Line 100
Detected OS:
Checking existance of all needed files...
Error Detected: Invalid picture In Initilization.SubMain At Line 232

I ran the program again, this time while connected to the internet, and got the "Yikes! No license" error. Is it that the WMI service is not running? Here's that log:

Autopatcher v5.7.56 Has Started at 8/13/2014 9:24:54 AM
Parsing Detected Commandline Arguments...
All Detected Arguments Processed
AutoPatcher is running with the following arguments: verbose
Verbose Mode.
AutoPatcher Has Finished Loading The Filesystem.
Getting OS Type And Microsoft Items Installed On This Machine...
Calling WMI Service:
Detected OS: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
Checking existance of all needed files...
Autopatcher Is Terminating At 8/13/2014 9:24:59 AM
HrdWareMan

Post by HrdWareMan »

I also tried downloading APUP directly to the hard drive with failed results. Here's the last portion of the log:
► Show Spoiler
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Permission denied
In mdlEnvironmentDetection.DetectOSViaWMI At Line 100
This is odd. It failed to connect to even create the object that would call to WMI.

possibly something to do with...
Where: Initilization.dllSelfRegister() At Line 232
What ever happened in the dll registration area screwed everything up for AP. I recommend
Error Code: 0x1E1: Invalid picture
The error code is strange.

Try this. Attached is a Batch file that will unregister and re-register your OCX files that are needed. It can also copy over the ones from AP if you need too. Generally you won't need to so hit No when the question comes up. Place the batch file in the bin folder of your ap directory. Edit the batch file. Go to the 3rd line and read directions. Run it as admin (with Windows Vista and up you can right click on the batch file and hit "RUN AS ADMIN").

As for your last post... it looks like your having network issues. With dropped connections and wrong file sizes.
Error: Permission denied
In prjUpdater.frmMain.Form_Unload At Line 106
This means it failed to delete the temp directory storing things that were downloaded. Probably a running batch file had not ended yet.
Attachments
ReregisterDLLs.zip
(591 Bytes) Downloaded 479 times
HrdWareMan

Post by HrdWareMan »

thank you very much. It seems to be working now although AP states in red letters in the top frame "Unofficial/Unsupported Release". I am running the AP in an Aministrator profile of XP. There doesn't seem to be an option for me to run the batch as Admin though.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

In XP you are generally always running things in admin mode if your account is admin. Run sweeper with /test /verbose. You will see a list of reasons why you are in unofficial status in the log.

You may see something like this...
► Show Spoiler
You can see where it explains why a script is unofficial with /verbose otherwise, it will just tell you which script is unofficial.