Help with making release official

Requests for help go in here.
older-than-dirt

Help with making release official

Post by older-than-dirt »

I've never really taken the time to figure out why my releases aren't marked official. When I run the latest autopatcher, attached is the output for the loaded releases. It is not obvious to me how to identify which directories/files need to be deleted in order to make the release official.
Attachments
autopatcher loaded releases output
autopatcher loaded releases output
older-than-dirt

Re: Help with making release official

Okay,
I took an educated guess at which .rti files equate to the unofficial modules. (Displaying the corresponding filename in the UI in a future release might be helpful). I just renamed the 3 .rti files temporarily.

Autopatcher now shows that there are no unofficial modules loaded, but still reports that the release is unofficial. What to do next? I am hesitant to run sweeper because every time I do, I end up downloading a bunch of files that sweeper had just previously deleted.
Attachments
Updated release status image
Updated release status image
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Rename the rti files back to what they should be. Then run sweeper. Sweeper will get rid of extra files. I am guessing that is your issue. Sometimes when the scripts are updated and files are removed we forget to place a delete command in the script to remove that extra file.

Also just took a look again at the pictures and I noticed that they are the office scripts. They are probably indeed missing files because no one is helping with those scripts. As the date says on them.. they have not been updated since then. Try the above suggestion though to see if that helps.
older-than-dirt

Okay,
I renamed the files back to their original name,
Ran Sweeper & allowed it to delete the files it didn't like.
Here is the log from sweeper after the run:
► Show Spoiler
When I ran autopatcher afterwards, the same 3 modules are present and marked as unofficial (I won't repost the image, because it is the same).
older-than-dirt

BTW,
I'm okay with deleting these modules with an unofficial status, I just don't know the correct way to remove them
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

if you see the sweeper log...

Script: Office Addon Pack Is In UnOfficial Status. If You Do Not See Why Above And Want To Know Why,
Run Sweeper.exe with /verbose CommandLine

run sweeper with /verbose. If its not an extra file... its a missing file. Apup should download it unless the file is no longer on MS site.
older-than-dirt

I ran sweeper with the /verbose switch. I allowed it to delete files.
► Show Spoiler
I then ran autopatcher and the following was displayed:

[img]unofficial-after-sweeper+verbose.jpg[/img]

I am running apup 1.4.38 right now and will post the results afterwards.
Attachments
autopatcher info after sweeper /verbose was run
autopatcher info after sweeper /verbose was run
older-than-dirt

APUP now needs to bring over 1.8GB of files
apup update status
apup update status
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Looking at the log you have a lot of miss matched hashes... that is the bulk of the downloading. Did you have some kind of virus or HD issues? I suspected a virus due to it only effecting exe's. Then again the part of the sweeper that identifies those problems is new and could be wrong.

Once apup is done, run sweeper again with verbose and let us know the results.
older-than-dirt

This XP VM is used exclusively for autopatcher, it has no other software installed since day 1. I don't think it's a virus issue.

This is a little bit long and complicated, but here's what I did. The XP OS crashed while running APUP during the 1.8GB of downloads. So I decided to just start over, but with a twist. Instead of downloading all the releases into 1 directory, I decided to break it up into the following separate directories:

Each brand new directory contains apup, (and the following modules: autopatcher, autopatcher common) and then the following:

Windows 8.1 (x86 & x64)
Windows 7 SP1 (x86 & x64)
Windows VistaSP2 (x86)
Windows XP SP3 (x86) & SP2 (x64)
Office (the 3 office modules)
Adobe+Java+AdminTools
DotNet (x86 & x64), ENU Addon Pack, Redistributables, DirectX.

This is not what I wanted to do and it's not the most convienient, but it does show some issues. After spending last night downloading ~6GB of data (my ISP is
lovin' this) I completed it.

Now, I run autopatcher in each of the directories to see which ones report official and which ones don't. The results:

Official Release: Windows 8.1 (x86 & x64)

Official Release: Windows 7 SP1 (x86 & x64)

Unofficial Release: Windows VistaSP2 (x86) (in the about->release info, everything is shown as Official)

Unofficial Release: Windows XP SP3 (x86) & SP2 (x64) ("Autopatcher Common Modules", "Windows XP x86" are listed as NOT official)

Official Release: Office

Official Release: Adobe+Java+AdminTools

Unofficial Release: DotNet (x86 & x64), ENU Addon Pack, Redistributables, DirectX. (in the about->release info, everything is shown as Official)

Of all of the unofficial releases, the DotNet one is the one that bothers me the most, I can live without the rest, but this one is used on all of the other VMs...

So, it seems to me that there is no way I could generate an official release if all of the modules are included in one directory.

If there are additional things you would like me to try on the unofficial directories, I am willing to try them.

Thanks for your time.