How to install?

Requests for help go in here.
mvickers03

How to install?

Post by mvickers03 »

Hi, I selected the pack I wanted (Win7 64) It downloads the updates.. How do I initiate the install. Now in AP when I select Win7 64 it just checks the files, I see no way to install them. Am I doing something daft?

Kindest regards

Mark.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: How to install?

Post by Whatacrock »

@mvikers03 -- Mark, you need to use APUP to download the AP Engine, so here's what to do:

Start APUP, from the downloads list select the AP Engine 5.7.56 (this being the second item in the list). Once downloaded execute the file "autoptcher.exe".

Now you can install the required updates for your system..
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
mvickers03

Post by mvickers03 »

Thank you. I knew it would have been simple. It's installing them now :D
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

You're welcome, glad to steer you in the right direction,..
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Whatacrock wrote:Start APUP, from the downloads list select the AP Engine 5.7.56 (this being the second item in the list). Once downloaded execute the file "autoptcher.exe".
+1

This is what I also recommend as a first/next step to my friends, for those starting from apup.xxx.zip. After extracting apup.zip, run apup.exe and download the latest AutoPatcher (autopatcher.exe) before you do anything else! Also, chances are good the zip will have an older apup.exe, if the version is older than what is listed on the releases.list, select APUP as well so you have all the most recent files for APUP and AutoPatcher. The latest are :arrow: APUP 1.4.42 & AutoPatcher 5.7.56.

Important: AutoPatcher v6 will combine both autopatcher.exe & apup.exe into 1 app (autopatcher.exe). AP v6 will be listed as AutoPatcher 6.x.xx (Replaces Apup) on the releases.list. IMO, if you are having good results with your current setup, when AP v6 becomes available, I would put it in a new folder :arrow: C:\AP6, you can copy your existing .\modules folder over - test-test-test - to be safe.

BTW, [strike]Engine[/strike] should be removed from Name, AutoPatcher 5.7.56 is clear, [strike]AutoPatcher Engine[/strike] IMO is vague and somewhat arcane.

OK, there's my 3 1/2 cents :ugeek: